Councillor Alan Connett's Personal Blog

Welcome to my blog.†

My name is Alan Connett, Teignbridge District Councillor and Liberal Democrat Member for Kenton with Starcross - part of Teignbridge District Council, in South Devon.

The purpose of this blog is to try and keep you informed about my role and provide you with information about developments in Teignbridge District Council and our local Ward including the Parishes of Ashcombe, Kenton, Mamhead, Starcross.

My committee responsibilities with the Council include Executive Portfolio Holder for Resources and Budget and Development Control Committee (substitute) .

I am Leader of the Council.

I will clarify my responsibilities in future blogs...

Friday 12 September 2008

Another Accident on the A379...

Another accident on the A379 just outside Kenton has again raised concerns both about road safety and speed but also about the way traffic is managed when the road is closed.

This is a busy road through Kenton and Starcross. When it’s closed because of an accident, traffic is sent off into the back lanes – but without any real support so we end up with cars trying to go both ways in a lane barely wide enough for a single vehicle. I’ve written to both the County Highways staff, based at Newton Abbot and the police to suggest a proper diversion plan is prepared.

0 Comments: