Councillor Alan Connett's Personal Blog

Welcome to my blog.†

My name is Alan Connett, Teignbridge District Councillor and Liberal Democrat Member for Kenton with Starcross - part of Teignbridge District Council, in South Devon.

The purpose of this blog is to try and keep you informed about my role and provide you with information about developments in Teignbridge District Council and our local Ward including the Parishes of Ashcombe, Kenton, Mamhead, Starcross.

My committee responsibilities with the Council include Executive Portfolio Holder for Resources and Budget and Development Control Committee (substitute) .

I am Leader of the Council.

I will clarify my responsibilities in future blogs...

Friday 12 September 2008

Traffic Speed Along Generals Lane

Residents in Generals Close have asked for help to control the speed of traffic along Generals Lane. It is, they say, increasingly used as a short cut and some drivers are going too fast. Local county councillor Brian Berman and I met with residents and Andrew Cadbury, chairman of Starcross Parish Council to see what could be done.

Devon highways have put a traffic speed machine on the road but say the speeds do not merit any action. We’re not convinced and accept the residents view that some form of speed control is needed. The youngsters in Generals Close are not allowed to play ball games there and need to cross the road to play in the field.

Personally, I don’t think Highways take enough account of the point that when traffic calming and the 20 mph speed limit was put in along New Road and other streets, Generals Lane was left out. We continue to lobby for the residents.

0 Comments: